Who: Erin Chase
Are you struggling to be productive with your blogging business?
Does it always seem like 24 hours isn’t enough for you to get your daily tasks done?
Listen to This Episode
As bloggers or online entrepreneurs, things can get very hectic as we keep piling stuff onto our plates.
We often feel that we need to do everything ourselves either because we want to make sure it's done correctly or that we just couldn't afford to get help.
Most of the time, setting up the right systems can make a HUGE difference.
Knowing the right systems and using them effectively can greatly reduce the amount of time spent in developing and growing our blogging businesses.
Inside This Episode:
Erin Chase is known for being AWESOME at creating systems to get MORE STUFF DONE, as what we will discover in today's interview.
She works hard to keep up with the countless meals and snacks that she needs to serve to keep her 4 young boys going strong.
She lives in San Antonio, TX, with her husband, 4 boys and furry boy dog! Erin is also one of the cofounder of Digital Colab, a network of web professionals looking to grow their influence and income in the digital space.
So, you wonder, how does she get a lot done?
She is very much into setting up systems which, she says, include:
- A solid support system (in her case, it's her husband).
- A great network of help.
- Outsourcing VAs
- Tech support
- Article contributors
- (And, a part-time nanny to help with housework)
- Proper time management
- Not wasting time on Facebook and other social networks
- Deleting mobile apps
Knowing all of this, of course, isn't enough. Taking action and taking it a step further to eliminate things that waste your time or hinders your productivity will make this more effective. She introduces us to using work blocks where one spends uninterrupted time accomplishing tasks for the day.
How are we able to structure work blocks more effectively? She'll share more about it in the interview with us. Make sure to listen so you'll get all the details you need in becoming more productive the Erin Chase way 🙂
- 5DollarDinners.com – Erin’s blog / website.
- Eat That Frog! – recommended book on time management and productivity.
- DigitalColab.com – network of web professionals also co-founded by Erin.
- Pinterest – One of the social media platforms used by Erin to grow her blog.
- Productivity tools recommended by Erin:
- SelfControl – useful app to help control using Facebook at certain periods of time.
- Google docs – Used by Erin's team mostly for content creation.
- Basecamp – recommended app for bigger team management purposes.
- Powerpoint template store – where to find useful templates for Powerpoint project or presentations.
- Cozi family planner calendar – family schedule planner
Some people prefer to read along with the podcast episode. Others actually prefer to read than listen. If you are one of those people, not to worry. I’ve got a transcript right here for you 🙂
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show