Two weeks ago, I attended Social Media Marketing World.
I was BLOWN . . . AWAY! It was the best conference I've attended to date, for a number of reasons:
- It was EXTREMELY well organized. They thought about things nobody else thinks about.
- I got to meet some GREAT people
- I actually learned a good amount from sitting in the sessions
- San Diego ROCKS!
Those are just some of the reasons why I really enjoyed it.
Listen to This Episode
In today's episode, I want to share some of the things I learned there with you. Why? Because they are things that I'm going to be implementing in my business and blogging efforts and I think they can help you to.
That's what I do – I learn stuff, and then share it with you. So, if you want to learn stuff, go ahead and listen.
- It is important to build a team who has caught on to your vision
- Branding is SOOOO important
- When surveyed, most marketers surveyed said that they are going to be focusing MORE on BLOGGING in 2014.
- It is now more important than ever to own your own platform
- Visual Storytelling is key to online success
- Google+ is the social network marketers want to learn about the most
- I like meeting “regular people” 😉
Oh, and here's a quick video recap of the event:
If you pay close attention, you will see me in my bright yellow shirt at 1:56 🙂
Awesome People At The Conference
Guess what? This was my first time meeting Gideon Shalwick in person. He was one of the guys who started Become A Blogger, so it was great to FINALLY meet him. He came all the way from Australia. He said it was to attend the conference, but I just know it was all so that he could meet me 😉 Here's a pic we took together:
It was also great to reconnect with Cynthia Sanchez from OhSoPinteresting. Yes, she's still awesome.
Also, I launched a new vlog. If you'd like to follow along with my Journey to Self-Employment, feel free to subscribe at www.LeslieSamuel.tv. Here's my first video in the Vlog series.
Some people just love being able to read along with interviews, or they might just prefer to skip the audio completely and just read through the transcript. Hey, if that’s what floats your boat, it is all good. Here’s the transcript just for you
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.