Two weeks ago, I announced that I would be changing my focus and working on building up my Biology Blog.
I also said that I would be using Become A Blogger and the Learning With Leslie Podcast to share what I'm doing with you.
The idea is pretty simple. By being ACTIVELY involved in building a blog that I'm so passionate about, I would have more actionable content to share with you.
Listen to This Episode
Not some theoretical mumbo jumbo, but actual results from what I'm doing right now.
Well, to get it all started, the first step for me was to work on a Marketing Plan. Shoot, if I'm gonna be building my blog to 1 million monthly visitors, I have to have a plan in place.
You know what they say – if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I don't like that plan, so I need something concrete.
Inside this Episode
In this episode, I decided to lay that plan out for you so that you can see how I'm structuring my plan, and hopefully be able to take some nuggets from it that can help you come up with your plan.
So, in this episode, I talk about the following:
- The 2 courses that I decided to focus my efforts on – Autoresponder Madness and Mixergy premium.
- Setting a strong foundation by coming up with my customer avatar
- The 5 things I will be focusing my efforts on. These 5 things are – producing great quality content, connecting with bloggers in my niche, Facebook ads, iTunes, and Media exposure.
Of course, I don't just mention them in the podcast episode, I also go into great detail about how I will be doing each.
So, if traffic is something you want more of, you should listen to this podcast episode to get an idea of how I will be going about growing my traffic.
My Question For You: What marketing strategy/strategies will you be focusing on to build YOUR blog? Let me know in the comments below.
Some people prefer to read along with the podcast episode. Others actually prefer to read than listen. If you are one of those people, not to worry. I’ve got a transcript right here for you 🙂
- Interactive Biology – My Biology blog that I'm focusing on right now.
- Interactive Biology YouTube Channel – My Biology blog's YouTube channel.
- Kinesiology videos – A new project I'm working on for Interactive Biology.
- Gideon Shalwick – My friend who recommended me to Autoresponder Madness.
- Autoresponder Madness – An information product that helps you create engaging follow up sequences that makes your readers want to take action.
- Mixergy Premium – Best resource for different courses and training from bloggers.
- Facebook Ads – One of my focus in this marketing plan.
- iTunes – Another one of my focus in this marketing plan.
- HARO (Help a Reporter Out) – Another resource I'll be focusing on in this marketing plan.
- Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income – One of the believers of using iTunes to drive traffic to his site.
- Students of BAB who have been featured in iTunes:
- Derek Halpern from SocialTriggers.com – Has one of the best strategies for getting your podcast featured in iTunes.
- ChrisDucker.com – His blog post How to Get Your Podcast to No.1 in iTunes! (My Personal Launch Strategy) – gives good tips on making your podcast rank to the top in iTunes.
- Michael Hyatt's Platform: Getting Noticed in a Noisy World – Suggests that creating valuable content is a great foundation for anyone's blog.