If I had a nickel for every time I had someone ask me how to get traffic to their blog, I would quit blogging and just live off of that income.
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad bit.
Either way, traffic is a HOT topic when it comes to building a blog and an online business. Unfortunately, if you build it, they won't necessarily come. You've actually got to go out there and get your stuff in front of the people who are looking for your awesome content.
So how exactly do you do that? I'm glad you asked.
Listen to This Episode
Here's what I talk about in this episode:
Answers to Listener Questions
Norma Hamilton calls in to ask about a wordpress plugin she can use to turn her blog into an eCommerce site. I tell her about the Woocommerce plugin from Woothemes. It's the plugin we use on my partners blog at CassandreBeccai.com. It's free and allows you to sell both physical and digital products.
Scarlet from the Teen Babble Blog calls in specifically to ask about how she can increase the traffic to her blog. I respond by going into how narrowing her niche even further can help her use the strategies I mention in this podcast episode to drive even more traffic to her blog.
10 Strategies For Driving FREE traffic
I then go into the ten strategies I've used for driving FREE traffic to my Interactive Biology Blog. Here's a brief summary of everything I've done that has resulted in traffic to my blog.
- Strategy 1: Contacted one high profile blogger in my niche in a specific way that result in a HIGH VALUE link back to my site that gave me a jump start in terms of traffic.
- Strategy 2: Video Marketing on Youtube. I posted short videos on youtube with a clear call to action to come back to my blog and a link back to my blog in the description.
- Strategy 3: Posting in related forums in my niche. I found 2 biology forums and started participating and adding value.
- Strategy 4: Compiled a database of biology and education sites and contacted them for links.
- Strategy 5: Directory submission. I submitted my blog to Biology and Educational directories.
- Strategy 6: Facebook marketing. I started a Facebook page for my blog and interacted with my audience there regularly in specific ways.
- Strategy 7: Media Promotion. Was promoted by Leo Laporte on The Tech Guy show.
- Strategy 8: Built and used my list. Whenever I had something valuable to share on my blog, I sent a link to my list and that result in almost instant traffic.
- Strategy 9: Won 2 awards. I asked my list to nominate and vote for me for 2 awards. This brought exposure and traffic.
- Strategy 10: Guest posting. I guest posted on blogs that were outside my niche. This resulted in traffic and some of that traffic stuck.
In the episode, I don't just mention the ten strategies, but I also go into detail about each one and shared how it resulted in the traffic that I have today.
Brought To You By
This podcast episode is brought to you by my 10 Free Videos on Becoming A Blogger at www.FreeBloggingVideos.com. You can go there and learn to get your blog up and running fast so that you can create content that inspires others and even change the world.
What strategies have you tried that have worked for you in getting traffic back to your blog? Share them in the comments below.
- Interactive-Biology.com – My Biology blog
- Teen-Babble Blog – Our caller, Scarlet's blog.
- Woo Commerce – Free ecommerce plugin for WordPress from Woo Themes.
- CassandreBeccai.com – One of my partner site where we use Woo Commerce.
- Biology videos – Where you can find a list of all my short Biology videos hosted by YouTube.
- YouTube – Ranked as the number two search engine in the world!
- The Tech Guy – where I got tons of traffic back to my site after calling in to ask for a specific topic on Leo Laporte's radio show.
- Email Marketing SetUp – A free course I made to help you set up your email list and get it running.